A health care financing solution
Gain control over health care expenses, and lower your insurance costs now and for years to come, by putting a self-funded health plan to work for your small business. With self funding -- directly funding your group's own claims -- you pay only for the health care services your group actually uses. If your group's claims expenses are relatively low, your overall savings can be significant.
Self funding made easy
The Assurant Self-Funded Program is a set of budgeting tools that makes it easy for you to finance your small business's health care expenses. Your maximum self-funding cost for the plan year is determined up front -- and it's guaranteed not to change, subject to enrollment and benefit changes, so you'll always pay a flat monthly bill.*
*Employer may be responsible for additional applicable state or federally mandated fees.
Assurant Health brings it all together
The Assurant Self-Funded Program includes three key components:
With the Assurant Self-Funded Program, you get all of the benefits of self funding and none of the hassles -- meaning you're free to focus on your business.
- Tools and templates to assist you with establishing and maintaining your own self-funded health benefit plan and claims fund, from which your group's claims are paid
- Assurant Health stop lost insurance to protect you from higher than expected claims
- Plan administration by KBA, a third-party plan administrator selected by Assurant Health for its expertise in processing claims, providing customer service and managing your plan accounting
Is the Assurant Self-Funded Program right for my business?
The Assurant Self-Funded Program could be for you if you have 5 to 50 employees and are ready to take control over your health care costs now and for years to come.
*Assurant Health and its legal entities are not engaged in rendering tax or legal advice. If tax or legal advice is required, seek the services of a qualified professional.
The Assurant Self-Funded Program provides tools for small-business employers to establish a self-funded health benefit plan for their employees. The benefit plan is established by the employer and is not an insurance product. Stop loss insurance for the self-funded plan is underwritten and issued by Time Insurance Company.
Self-funded plans and health care reform.
Plan templates available through the Assurant Self-Funded Program:
- Meet the current requirements of health care reform law that apply to self-funded plans.
- Are minimum essential coverage, which means your employees will satisfy the individual mandate and won’t have to pay the individual penalty that begins in 2014.
- Meet minimum value. To satisfy the employer mandate and not have to pay the employer penalty that begins in 2015, applicable large employers must offer coverage that not only meets minimum value but also is affordable for each full-time employee. All plan templates available through the Assurant Self-Funded Program meet minimum value for 2014.